Therapy Program Manager Role Full-time, Open to any Discipline (PT, PTA, OT, COTA or SLP)
Join Encore Rehab!
A Friendly & Helpful Company Culture
Patient-Appropriate Clinical Focus
Growth & Advancement Opportunities
Strong Compensation & Benefits
New Grads are welcome to apply!
Encore Rehabilitation is seeking a dynamic Full Time Therapy Program Manager (PT, OT, COTA, PTA, or SLP) to join our awesome skilled nursing facility rehab team in Cincinnati (Green Hills Area).
Explore opportunities with Encore Rehab! Full Time and select Part Time positions offering the best in the Rehab industry! Offering competitive salaries, Health benefits, generous PTO, 401k, Continuing Education, License Renewal Reimbursement, impeccable training, team support, career advancement opportunities and so much more!
Apply today and it will be the best career decision you will ever make!
The Therapy Program Manager is responsible for the overall management and ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Rehabilitation Department. Monitors admissions and treatment schedules, tracks MDS assessment periods and data, provides administrative supervision, case management and assists with recruitment and retention of therapy staff in their facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Checks regularly with Nursing and Admissions Departments to determine status of newly admitted and to-be-admitted patients with respect to medical condition, history and rehabilitation services needs. Routinely reviews patient medical records for physician rehabilitation orders. Informs rehabilitation staff of patient status.
- Directs therapists to screen patients, determine rehabilitation needs and contact physicians for appropriate orders within 24 hours of screen. Directs all patients screening practices in accordance with clinical policy and procedure.
- Coordinates, monitors and manages patient and rehabilitation team schedules to meet patient treatment plan goals for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Implements patient and staff schedules and variance control strategies so that all patients’ treatment plan goals are met.
- Responsible for the department’s computerized tracking and billing systems and for implementing changes that may be indicated.
- Coordinates facility-based staffing assignments and ensures adequate coverage of therapists to meet patient caseloads.
- Tracks MDS Assessment Period Data to include disciplines (number of disciplines treating), treatment days/week and daily treatment time. Communicates data to MDS Coordinator.
- Ensures all rehabilitation staff, including aides, are supervised according to state practice acts, federal regulations and discipline-specific association bylaws.
- Develops economical indirect time management strategies such that requirements for patient care planning and other facility-based meetings are efficiently covered.
- Manages a caseload, as may be required by regional management, in accordance with established standards.
- In consultation with the Regional Vice President, as may be required, provides overall general department management to include rehabilitation care compliance, clinical and billing documentation compliance, quality assurance, equipment and supplies management and staffing management and replacement.
- Conducts rehabilitation department meetings as needed to include patient review, schedule and coverage issues, and department issue resolution.
- Assist with recruitment and retention of facility-based rehabilitation staff in consult with the Regional Vice President and other designated staff regarding personnel assessments and hiring recommendations.
- Orients new staff to company and facility policies and procedures.
- Implements directives/policies and procedures as developed for Encore Rehabilitation Services and monitors staff adherence.
- Generates special reports/data as needed to assist Regional Vice President in assessing the efficiency of operations.
- Communicates and interacts with facility personnel to ensure continued satisfaction with delivery of care.
- Investigates, follows up and assists in the resolution of staff, service and patient-related issues.
- Manages and supervises all facility-based rehabilitation staff to include staff development, performance management, and safety and wellness.
- Maintains appropriate relationships and rapport with coworkers, residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Attends in-service and facility meetings as required.
- Provides in-service education to the members of the resident’s care team and education to the community.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance programs as required.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Other Job duties as assigned.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree, or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy or Speech Language Pathology with a minimum of one to two (1-2) years of management experience; or an Associate Degree (Physical Therapy Assistant or Occupational Therapy Assistant) with a minimum of five (5) years management experience.
- Current state licensure.
- Regular attendance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical requirements for this position are classified as medium under the Department of Labor classification. The employee must be capable of exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally (less than 1/3 of the time), and/or 10-20 pounds of force frequently (1/2 of the time), and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly (2/3 of the time) to move objects, equipment and/or residents. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend or crouch; use hands to manipulate tools, equipment or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform medium to maximum transfer assists with residents. The employee is required to have visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to assess resident safety and ability. The employee works mostly inside, in resident rooms or clinic. This position is classified as a Category 1 for the purpose of exposure determination under the OSHA Regulations regarding the Standard on Occupational Exposure to Blood borne Pathogens (29CFR 1910.1030). Category 1 is defined as all procedures or job-related tasks that involve an inherent risk for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or a potential for spills and/or splashes of blood or body fluids. The use of protective equipment and measures is required for every employee engaged in Category 1 tasks.
These essential functions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of a therapy program manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.