Encore Rehab has an awesome opportunity for a Full Time - Clinical Specialist - Physical Therapist in the Cincinati area!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Travels to facilities/programs other than their own at the direction of the Regional Vice President.
- Assists TPM at each building visited with program development, building caseloads and managing staff.
- Assists TPM in the direction of therapists to screen patients, determine rehabilitation needs and contact physicians for appropriate orders within 24 hours of screen. Assists in the direction of all patients screening practices in accordance with clinical policy and procedure.
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
- Evaluates and treats residents as needed to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
- Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in treatment plan as needed.
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the resident in their own environment.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual OT, PT, ST programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident.
- Adheres to OT, PT, ST Department procedures regarding documentation of clinical services.
- Attends in-service meetings and facility meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures and productivity standards as needed.
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up or resident therapy programs.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule maintaining acceptable patient ratios and work efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance program as required.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards per Clinical Authorization access as defined in the HIPAA policy and procedure manual.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in the field of Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy, or Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Successful completion of National Certification requirements.
- Current state licensure or license eligible.
- Regular attendance.