KEY ENCORE NEWS
- We're developing an IPA calculator. Stay Tuned!
- Podcasts from Encore are on the way.
What would you like to hear about?
CLICK TO SUBMIT IDEAS
LOCKING IN CLAIMS
Supportive diagnosis for cognitive treatment, support for use of 59 modifiers.
Are you tracking authorizations & payer specific requirements?
KEY REGULATORY NEWS
- See our paper on potential changes to 2021 MPFS, Medicare Cuts Statement
- The Bera-Buschon bill is in the House - H.R.8702 - and for those providers seeing a payment cut in 2021, this bill would provide a temporary additional payment in the amount of the difference between 2020 and 2021 for two years.
KEYS TO CODING
- Code only confirmed cases (including asymptomatic)—code U07.1. Confirmation based on positive tests OR provider’s documentation.
- DO NOT code U07.1 for suspected, possible, probable or inconclusive. Instead, code the signs and symptoms and if has an actual exposure or suspected contact, assign Z80.828 contact with and (suspected) exposure to other viral communicable diseases
- When covid-19 meets the definition of principal diagnosis, code U07.1 first followed by manifestation codes EXCEPT when another guideline requires that certain codes be sequenced first (such as sepsis, lung transplant, obstetrics)
Please email Ryan Jones for additional information: [email protected]